Skip to main content

Week 4: General Conference

This weekend was amazing! General Conference is something that I look forward to every six months. This time was no different. I received so much inspiration that I really needed. And sometimes I think I take for granted the fact that General Conference is broadcast live and that's really one of the few ways we can all hear the prophet's voice. Listening to President Nelson speak always gives me chills.

I had a quote that really stuck out to me from this morning. Elder Uchtdorf in his talk said the following: "discipleship is not about doing things perfectly, it is about doing things intentionally." What a profound statement! I think sometimes I worry too much about being a perfect disciple that when I mess up I almost want to just give up rather than keep trying because I won't be doing it "perfectly." But I was reminded this weekend that the Lord cares about our efforts and that we keep trying. He is cheering us on and He will guide us home if we just ask the way.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 8: Why do I like being afraid?

This week was Halloween! So naturally, in class, we talked about fear. I started to ask myself, why do I like being afraid? I'm the person who enjoys scary movies and haunted houses and October is one of my favorite months. But then sometimes I'm on edge afterward. But why? We talked about how some people have an openness to fear. I feel like that describes me. I am open to fear but sometimes it causes me to have increased fear. I like to be scared because I like to prove to myself that it's not real and that I can overcome my fear. I'm kind of weird in that way. I have always been afraid of heights so I decided to go skydiving to help me with that. I like facing my fears head-on and trying to conquer them. Maybe it's a good thing? Maybe I'm a weirdo? But either way, it's just who I am.

Week 9: Social Media Fast

I am writing this post as I finish my social media fast that I decided to do today with my fiance. We decided to take the day off and just spend time with each other rather than mindlessly scrolling through our phones. It was awesome! I really feel like we had better conversations and overall just focused on each other more and forgot about our phones all-together. I highly recommend a 24-hour social media fast for everyone at least once a month. It really helped me put things into perspective and realize how much time I spend mindlessly scrolling. I am excited and feel like this helped prepare me for the technology fast I want to do this semester!